Popular Posts

Sunday, October 7

Vodaphone Throws a Bouncer

On the back of a strategically sound ad campaign for the Hutch name change comes this unlikely bouncer from Ogilvy! Maybe there is more to follow, but the first burst leaves me cold...

1. Beats me. What does Vodaphone mean by make the most of now?? The consumer hardly knows the brand. Why should he/she listen to this rather patronizing tone...

2. Suddenly the warmth and the simplicity of Hutch is gone! Kaput! This is not the continuation of the 'brand switch-over'? And if Vodaphone had to do such a dramatically different campaign, why did it blow up crores of rupees on the 'pug campaign' till last week??

Maybe, I am suffering from 'premature enunciation', but this doesn't make sense as of now...

2 comments:

Dev said...

hi..am dev

even am confused with the creatice whcih is plastered all over the place.....suddenly it looks trying to merge something...

Spiritualmanager said...

Even I am skeptical, will this International Intergration exercise take the Emotional touch out from our Hutch...I am an Indian consumer I dont understand anything about logic and I dont want too, but I buy because I am emotionally envolved. Here I see vodapone making O&M so miserable and helpless.Kevin Robert shall really be depressed with a lovemark making its way backward to be a Brand.