There is the romanticized part of planning and then there is the grunt work! Everyone loves the open ended fabric of thoughts. But the bigger task is to tie these thoughts into a cohesive whole! Of course, this part is an acquired skill. It comes with practice and discipline. Just thought, would compile a list of sutras that I have found handy over my planning career.
Here, they are in no particular order...
1. To make knowledge productive, we will have to learn to see both forest and trees. We will have to learn to connect - Peter Drucker
2. There is usually an inverse proportion between how much something is on your mind and how much it's getting done.
3. Talk does not cook rice. - Chinese proverb
4. Bailing water in a leaky boat diverts energy from rowing the boat.
5. The middle of every successful project looks like a disaster. - Rosabeth Moss Cantor
6. Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it. - Buddha
7. Your best thoughts about work won't happen while you're at work.
8. We must strive to reach that simplicity that lies beyond sophistication. - John Gardner
9. The best way to get a good idea is to get lots of ideas. - Linus Pauling
10. Imagination is more important than knowledge. - Albert Einstein
Is this my exhaustive list. Definitely not. Will this be guidance for others. I hope so...What has worked for me, may not be the best sutras for other planners. But that's the lovely part of our craft. It's a whole lot of art! The sundry agency planning tools notwithstanding!
As I opened my mail in the morning, I find this news on agencyfaqs . The wise men of ASCI have decided that the 'Amul Macho advertisemen...
One of the entities under The Futures Company is Yankelovich - a leading consumer research company that has helped marketers understand con...
Just came back from a 3 hour breakfast at Roots Cafe - great poha, chilla jasmine tea and early morning drizzle...And the sight of two cute...
A while ago I had asked one of my star planners(virtual) to do a small research into the PDA(public display of affection) habits of the yout...
Friend of mine sent this...Cute and funny! Sending it to my mother!!
I know this brand or shall I say concept for precisely 12 hours now. And I have already interacted with it 6 times! Have spent $25 online(it...
I have written earlier on the subject of marriage portals and how these portals are more about family psychology than technology! The Gre...
It was a Sunday spent in the hospital as Neo was down with a severe bacterial infection...Amongst the umpteen trips to Lilavati, two things ...
At my company, am a part of a 'creative committee'...Currently, we are doing an all office audit of what are some of the creative st...
So, finally MySpace sets up shop in India. Read the story at DNA here, ! Methinks, they are a bit too late. Orkut and Facebook have the fir...