There is the romanticized part of planning and then there is the grunt work! Everyone loves the open ended fabric of thoughts. But the bigger task is to tie these thoughts into a cohesive whole! Of course, this part is an acquired skill. It comes with practice and discipline. Just thought, would compile a list of sutras that I have found handy over my planning career.
Here, they are in no particular order...
1. To make knowledge productive, we will have to learn to see both forest and trees. We will have to learn to connect - Peter Drucker
2. There is usually an inverse proportion between how much something is on your mind and how much it's getting done.
3. Talk does not cook rice. - Chinese proverb
4. Bailing water in a leaky boat diverts energy from rowing the boat.
5. The middle of every successful project looks like a disaster. - Rosabeth Moss Cantor
6. Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it. - Buddha
7. Your best thoughts about work won't happen while you're at work.
8. We must strive to reach that simplicity that lies beyond sophistication. - John Gardner
9. The best way to get a good idea is to get lots of ideas. - Linus Pauling
10. Imagination is more important than knowledge. - Albert Einstein
Is this my exhaustive list. Definitely not. Will this be guidance for others. I hope so...What has worked for me, may not be the best sutras for other planners. But that's the lovely part of our craft. It's a whole lot of art! The sundry agency planning tools notwithstanding!
Just came back from a 3 hour breakfast at Roots Cafe - great poha, chilla jasmine tea and early morning drizzle...And the sight of two cute...
Friend of mine sent this...Cute and funny! Sending it to my mother!!
It's been a hell of a long time away from the blog. I feel guilty, anxious...and the fingers feel a bit rusty!! So where was I and what ...
One of the entities under The Futures Company is Yankelovich - a leading consumer research company that has helped marketers understand con...
The world's biggest agency groups are battling to expand their presence in Asia's fast-growing digital industry. After a series of b...
At my company, am a part of a 'creative committee'...Currently, we are doing an all office audit of what are some of the creative st...
Once Upon A Time I was just a happy planner doling out power-point slides by the dozen:-) And then 'one day', actually over many...
Just stumbled upon what appears to be the promotional website of the UTV film (Jhootha Hi Sahi)- JohnAbraham.com... I quite like the simpl...
Was chatting with my friend Girish from Webitude . The Oberoi Gurgaon fb page came up in the chat for some reason which I forget. Triggered...
Some time back I had promised myself that will pen this post about Ram aur Shyam! Well, Ram aur Shyam were these two characters(detectives...